MULTIPURPOSE RUBBER COATING
Plasti Dip is an air-dry, specialty rubber coating. In fact, it’s the original peelable, flexible, insulating, non-slip, durable rubber coating. The Plasti Dip product line provides a wide range of coating solutions from automotive customization to home improvement. With over 50 colours and enhancers of Plasti Dip, the possibilities are endless!
ATTRIBUTES OF PLASTI DIP:
Protects coated items against moisture, acids, abrasion, corrosion, and skidding/slipping, and provides a comfortable, controlled grip
Remains flexible and stretchy over time
Will not crack or become brittle in extreme weather conditions
Proven in temperatures from -30°F to 200°F
Peelable and removable off of most surfaces
PDS - PlastiDip Spray. Used to be called Rubber Dip Spray (RDS). We carry 2 versions. The BLACK and the CLEAR. The black being the most popular colour. The CLEAR can be used for ANY other colour using our selection of tinters and pigments. We do it this was as we can then offer ALL the PlastiDip colour range and ALL the FullDip colour range. The main PlastiDip colours are below in kits. We offer them as the CLEAR + tinter or as a Ready For Use (RFU) mixed here by us before we ship it out to you. As this is in sprayable format you either need our DIY FD650 turbine, or a compressor setup. Usual guidelines for a compressor setup are as big as possible, but 9.5CFM and 100L minimum. For a gun we recommend a the Devilbiss FLG or SLG 1.8 tip running at 2bar.
How To Use
How To Spray:
1. Surface must be clean and dry. For best results, avoid direct sunlight, high humidity, or breezy conditions.
2. Shake can vigorously for one full minute after mixing ball begins to rattle. Shake often while applying.
3. Hold can 6-10” from surface, moving can back and forth, slightly overlapping each stroke. Apply heavily enough to produce an even, wet appearance.
4. Allow 30 minutes’ minimum between coats. Apply as many coats as desired (3-7 average).
5. Allow 4 hours’ minimum dry time before use (overnight recommended). Coverage: Approximately 5-10 sq. ft. per can (1 coat). Generally 1 Can per wheel.
Always protect surrounding areas from over spray. Allow 4 hours per coat for complete dry. If runs or sags are experienced, move can further away from surface. To avoid clogged nozzle, turn can upside down and spray for 5 seconds. If clogged, remove nozzle and soak in naphtha or mineral spirits for 30 minutes. Do not stick pin or other objects into stem. Use naphtha, xylene (xylol), or toluene (toluol) for clean-up. To greatly increase non-skid properties, sprinkle a generous amount of grit onto wet surface of first coat. Apply at least two additional coats of Plasti Dip. For best results, use a pumice (crystalline silica) grit. Results may vary with other grit additives. When applied properly Plasti Dip can be removed from most surfaces, if desired.